I believe everyone is familiar with sealing tape, scotch tape, and double-sided tape. So what is masking tape, today I will introduce to you!
You are here: Home »Adhesive Encyclopedia» What is masking tape?
What is masking tape?
Masking tape is a roll-shaped adhesive tape made of masking paper and pressure-sensitive glue as main raw materials, coated with pressure-sensitive adhesive on the masking paper, and coated with anti-adhesive material on the other side. It has the characteristics of high temperature resistance, good resistance to chemical solvents, high adhesion, soft fit and no residual glue after tearing. In the industry, it is commonly known as textured paper pressure-sensitive adhesive tape.
According to different temperatures, masking tape can be divided into: normal temperature masking tape, medium temperature masking tape and high temperature masking tape.
According to the different viscosity, it can be divided into: low-viscosity masking tape, medium-viscosity masking tape and high-viscosity masking tape.
According to the different colors, it can be divided into: natural textured paper, colorful textured paper and so on.
Width: 6MM 9MM 12MM 15MM 24MM 36MM 45MM 48MM
Packing method: carton packing
The tape is made of imported white textured paper as the base material and coated with weather-resistant rubber pressure-sensitive adhesive on one side. It has excellent properties such as high temperature resistance, solvent resistance, and no residual glue after peeling! The product meets ROHS environmental protection requirements. It is suitable for high-temperature baking paint and spray paint shielding protection on the surface of automobiles, iron or plastic devices and furniture. It is also suitable for electronics, electrical appliances, varistors, circuit boards and other industries.
Masking tape can also be used in industries such as decoration, spray painting, baking varnish coating and masking and semiconductor component fixing. Composite masking tape has strong peeling force, good adhesion, excellent initial adhesion, acid and alkali resistance, non-fading, temperature resistance up to 230 degrees to 260 degrees, commonly used for PCB board tin spraying and gold protection, surface anti-oxidation protection, easy to stick to steel plate Operation and high temperature powder spraying.
Features of Masking Tape:
1. Masking paper adhesive tape is a self-adhesive adhesive tape based on crepe paper impregnated with resin. Used for sealing and packaging. Masking during painting, coating and sandblasting. Fixing of electronic components and wires.
2. The curing adhesive with special composition provides excellent solvent resistance and high temperature resistance without leaving any adhesive traces.
3. The tape can be easily bent into a curve to the circular protective edge without breaking.
4. Retention The adhesiveness of the tape itself can still provide proper retention even under heavy pressure.
5. Easy to tear and easy to operate. It can be used even without scissors or blades.
6. Adhesiveness The tape can be applied to the surface with high curvature, and the thickness is enough without the need to make up.
7. Moderate unwinding force. The unwinding force is not too heavy or too light, and it is easy to operate.